Call for Applications
Up to 4 DAAD Scholarships for a Master in Education at JUCO (with the possibility of six months of study in Germany)
Deadline: 17 February 2017
This programme, funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), seeks to strengthen and expand DAAD’s regional network of high-quality academic partners. It has awarded JUCO with up to four Master Scholarships in Education. This programme is intended for capacity-building and the strengthening of teaching and research staff.
Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
2. Duration of the Scholarship
The scholarship is available for up to two years. The scholarship is initially granted for one year and may be extended for another year. The application for renewal has to be submitted at least one month before the scholarship period expires to the DAAD via JUCO’s Directorate of Postgraduate Studies. In addition, the successful candidates can apply to carry out research at a university in Germany for six months.
3. Value of Scholarship
DAAD will pay the Master tuition fees and a monthly stipend covering cost of living including accommodation. DAAD rates will apply for the monthly stipend. In addition, the scholarship holder will receive an annual study and research allowance. For more details see the DAAD Information Sheet for Students.
Please check your eligibility before applying:
- Applicants must be citizens of a country from Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor Degree with a GPA of 3.8 or higher to be considered.
- Applicants must have completed their Bachelor Degree less than 6 years ago at the time of application
- Applicants must have obtained a letter of admission to the Master Programme in Education from JUCO’s admissions office.
- Applicants already holding a Master’s degree are not eligible to apply.
- Staff members of an institution of higher education will have to provide a supporting letter from their human resources department clearly indicating their status of employment during the tenure of the award.
- The scholarship must not be held simultaneously with a scholarship from any other source without prior permission from the DAAD.
5. Application Documents
Please include the following documents:
- Copy of an ID or Birth Certificate
- Signed curriculum vitae; please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- A signed copy of the DAAD Information Sheet for Scholars, 2017/2018.
- Certified copies of all university degree certificates
- Certified copies of all university transcripts
- A letter of admission to the Master of Education Programme at JUCO
- Letter of motivation (maximum 2 pages)
- Academic reference from a senior lecturer and proof of employment (if applicable)
- Contacts (valid email adress and two cell phone numbers)
6. Application Procedure
Applicants should apply to
- Hard copies of the complete application with all the required documents should be mailed to the Admission Office, Jordan University College, P.O. Box 1878, Morogoro, Tanzania
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will not be considered (see above)
- The closing date for submitting applications is 17 February 2017.
A preselection of candidates will be carried out by JUCO’s Admission Committee in accordance with the DAAD’s selection criteria. The final selection will be carried out by a committee nominated by the DAAD.